Research Services supports all of the faculty's employees in relation to:
- holding meetings, workshops and conferences;
- external research funding;
- administrative tasks in the research centres;
- administration of rooms and IT equipment.
Research Services also supports the faculty's strategic management and goals, e.g. through the development of management information and administrative support for the faculty management team in financial and strategic research matters.
In addition, Research Services is responsible for collaboration with the faculty's external suppliers.
Tasks, organization and management
Research Services is managed by the Head of Research Service Lykke Sennels-Andersen and team leader and finance coordinator Heidi Thornsvad.
Research Services consists of two teams with the following tasks:
Team Research Support & Relations
- Relations with external suppliers
- Development, marketing and evaluation of further and continuing education
- Project management of strategic projects
- Building responsibility (rooms, office moves and physical study environment)
- On/off boarding
- Visiting researcher programme
- Secretariat services for the Academic Council, Search committee, LISU and JUR-FORSK
- KUPA and Workzone (records)
- Registration of holiday and absence
- Procurement and registration of IT, furniture and equipment
- Support for centre-related events
- Support for major international meetings, workshops and conferences
- Reception of new academic staff
- Support of research centres
- Support of Microsoft Office package
- Assistance in connection with travel bookings and general meeting activity
- PhD defence in collaboration with the PhD School
- Help with applications for event funding
Team Funding & Finance
- Financial and budget management of the faculty's internal and external grants
- Targeted and qualified support in relation to applications for external funding for research.
- Overview of and support in relation to funding opportunities.
- Management information and financial and external funding analyses.
- Management information and support in the research area.
- Support for funding from grants, including contract negotiations and the registration of funding in UCPH systems.
- Data Management and ethics on research projects.
- Grant administration: Consultancy and administrative support for external grants, including ongoing follow-up of finances and project plan, financial reporting and settling of project accounts.
- Recommendation of researchers for awards, committees, etc.
- Handling of procurement and handing out of travel cards for public transport.
- Help with travel and expenses in RejsUd.
- Handling of student assistants’ time sheets.