Joint PhD programme in cooperation with the University of Iceland
The Faculty of Law has established a joint PhD programme in cooperation with the Faculty of Law at the University of Iceland. The University of Iceland is committed to the highest academic standards of excellence in teaching and research.
The cooperation entails the completion of the three-year PhD programme in close collaboration with both the University of Copenhagen and the University of Iceland. At the completion of the PhD programme, PhD candidates will be awarded a joint PhD degree from the two universities following a positive evaluation of their PhD thesis and defence.
Vacant PhD scholarships
Applicants interested in the Joint PhD Programme with the University of Iceland are encouraged to submit PhD applications in the fields of public international law (with particular focus on international human rights law and international environmental law), EU/EEA law as well as comparative constitutional law.
The benefits of the cooperation:
- Joint PhD degree which is recognised in Denmark and Iceland.
- Active participation in the research community at both universities.
- Increased international contact and research mobility.
- You are enrolled at both the Faculty of Law at the University of Iceland and University of Copenhagen.
- The programme is conducted in English and the PhD thesis is submitted in English.
- You will generally work for 2 years at the University of Copenhagen and for 1 year at the University of Iceland, but other arrangements are possible.
- It is not possible to be admitted as a self-financed PhD student.
- You are paid by the institution of employment. For salary information while being employed by the Faculty of Law at the University of Copenhagen please go to: Employment as a PhD student. For salary information while being employed at the Faculty of Law at the University of Iceland, contact: Sigríður Svavarsdóttir, Head of Administration, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information: Agreement on cooperation (pdf).
Once a year the Faculties of Law at the University of Island and the University of Copenhagen offer a number of jointly organised PhD scholarships within selected research areas. The advertisements are published on the PhD School’s webpage.
To apply for admission to the PhD programme, please submit the research project proposal for your proposed project, all required documents and a completed PhD application to the Faculty. The general rules for admission to the PhD programme apply. Please see the application details and requirements by going to the page "For applicants"
Vacant PhD scholarships
Do you want to be notified of vacant PhD scholarships at the Faculty of Law at the University of Copenhagen? Please join our news service: Vacant PhD scholarships alert.
PhD Administration Tel: +45 35 32 35 88 or +45 35 32 25 73.