PhD Course: Policy Advice, Outreach & Dissemination of Research (6-7 September 2023)
The purpose of this PhD course is for PhD students to learn how to:
- COMMUNICATE – share their research in an efficient, authentic, understandable, and interesting way
- DISSEMINATE – identify and translate their research findings to prospective broader audiences, including various stakeholders and journalists
- IMPACT – transform their academic research into actual societal impact
Participants will learn how to:
- Frame research communication based on the audience, especially for articles, blog posts, and pitching to media;
- Interact with media;
- Write a policy brief;
- Find stories in their research;
- Turn research into policy impact thanks to feedback from a real-life policy environment
- Various tools, such as podcasting, videos, and blogging
- 1,5 days Ph.D. course is structured as a series of interactive workshops and roundtables
- To receive the most fruitful training, including feedback from the policy environment, please note there is preparatory work which requires submission of deliverables by the deadline date of 20th August.
- The preparatory work includes a reading list and assignments that must be prepared and submitted before the training. The participants will receive the guidance and materials upon approval of their registration.
- Participation will be only possible upon submitting the required preparatory work within the indicated time frame.,
- More detailed agenda can be found on the Sapiens Network website.
Course description (pdf)
Venue: University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Law, Njalsgade 76, DK-2300 Copenhagen S, Room: TBA
A guide on how to find Campus is available at our website via this link and a map of campus is available here
Wi-Fi: University of Copenhagen is connected to Eduroam, which allows students, researchers, and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions.
Registration: Sign up form can be found on the Sapiens Network website or at this link. Your application will be considered on a rolling basis, and we will inform you as soon as possible whether we can approve your participation.
Further information: In case of questions, please get in touch with Associate professor Marta Andhov at email@example.com