Open up your Academic Publishing Toolbox
A course for PhD students at HUM/SAMF/TEOL/JUR.
This course is a one-day workshop that takes place 5 October 2021 from 8:45 to 16:00 and participation for the whole day is required to receive ECTS credit.
Academic publishing is a cornerstone in any research career and the foundation for how universities and funders evaluate the researchers. This course will address the opportunities and challenges that you as PhD student might face in the process of publishing your research as journal articles (or monographs) and data publications. The aim of the course is to provide you with knowledge, skills and tools for publishing your research openly and responsibly while fulfilling the demands of your university, your funder and your research community.
The workshop sessions will cover:
- Copyright in publishing
- Creative Commons licenses
- Open access publishing
- Responsible metrics and evaluation of researchers
- Research impact and evaluation
- Management and optimization of researcher profiles
- Data management and the FAIR principles
You will also have the opportunity to put forward your questions and problems for discussion. Active participation and exchange of ideas is encouraged.
After the course, you will be able to:
- Plan your research and develop suitable publishing strategies together with your supervisor and colleagues
- Apply your new knowledge to publish your research in a responsible way
- Interpret terms and conditions from publishers
- Choose appropriate and preferably open publishing models for your manuscripts and research data
- Increase the visibility of your publications and research data
- Use bibliometric indicators responsibly and strategically to make your research visible in applications for funding and research positions
PhD students from HUM/SAMF/JUR/TEOL, University of Copenhagen. Academic staff (VIP) and PhD students from other universities are also welcome; however, 80% of the places on the course are reserved for PhD students from the University of Copenhagen.
You must participate in the all workshop sessions and complete the assignments for preparation and homework as described above in order to receive the ECTS credit.
Read more and sign up