Karen Blixens Plads 16, 2300 København S, Søndre Campus, Building: 6B.4.38
Juan A. Mayoral is Jean Monnet Associate Professor in Law & Politics and holds a PhD in Political and Social Sciences at the European University Institute and the CEACS-Juan March Institute. He holds a BA in Law (2004), in Philosophy (2005) and in Political Science and Administration (2006). In 2006 he was awarded the grant from the Juan March Institute of Study and Research for master studies at the Centre of Advanced Studies in Social Sciences (2006). In 2009 he obtained a MA in Democracy and Governance in the Autonomous University of Madrid. He joined iCourts as postdoctoral research fellow in 2014. In 2019 he was awarded a Jean Monnet Chair by the Erasmus+ programme.
At iCourts, Juan is developing the JUDTRUST project where he investigates national judges' trust in the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) and particularly how trust might have decisive influence on the development of a more integrated European judiciary and legal systems.
Fields of interest
Law & Politics; International Relations; Judicial Politics; Comparative Regional Projects; Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU); National courts; EU law; Judicial Cooperation; Quantitative and Qualitative (mixed-) methods.
- European Union Politics (BA and MA level)
- European Union Law (BA level)
- The Legalization of EU Politics (MA level)
- Law in Political Context: An Introduction to contemporary Law & Politics approaches (BA level)
- International Law & International Relations (MA level)
- Empirical Quantitative & Qualitative Research Methods in Law (BA, MA & PhD level)
- Transitions to Democracy (MA level)
- International Courts (BA level)
- Public International Law (BA level)