Berdien B E van der Donk
JUR Juridisk Ph.d.-uddannelse
Karen Blixens Plads 16, 2300 København S, Søndre Campus, Bygning: 6B.3.30
Berdien is an international legal professional (LL.B., 2x LL.M) aiming to build a better and safer online cyberspace. She is interested in and focussing on upcoming developments in the field of law and technology, (new) ways to decrease the dissemination of illegal content, and the development of new (technological) means to automate tedious legal tasks.
Deplatforming and its potentially restricting effect on the protection of European fundamental rights on online platforms (preliminary title)
Berdiens PhD-research focusses on the limitation of users' protection of European fundamental rights through user term-based agreements on (large scale) online platforms.
The objectives of the research are to:
- Assess the scale and precise extent of problems caused by voluntary deplatforming on (large-scale) online platforms;
- Examine to what extent users, through private user term-based agreements, (in)voluntarily (can) limit the protection of their European fundamental rights;
- Assess the effect of European fundamental rights on the user term-based relationship between an online platform and its users and the possibility of (in)directly applying the obligations following these fundamental rights to the relationship;
- Determine the territorial scope of the application of European fundamental rights on online user term-based agreements.
- Developments in internet criminality
- IPR enforcement
- (The effects of) content filtering
- The application of human rights online