Special seminar "China, Sustainable Development, and Economic Policy-making"
This event is a highly focused seminar with top international experts, commenting on most recent developments regarding China and sustainable development in the context of trade and investment exchanges with the Nordic countries. It will be of particular interest for professional, legal and business audiences.
Discussed topics will include:
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and China’s global economic policies
- China and the EU as partners and as competitors in trade and investment
- Nordic-Chinese economic exchanges and sustainable development – challenges and prospects
- Sustainability in trade and investment: challenges for developing countries
- Building the ecological civilization – cultural aspects of the Chinese approach to sustainable development
The seminar will take the form of a moderated roundtable discussion, with distinguished speakers addressing a series of key questions.
- Vivienne Bath, Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Sydney, Director of the Centre for Asian and Pacific Law
- Julien Chaisse, Professor, Faculty of Law, Chinese University of Hong Kong; Member, World Economic Forum (International Trade and Investment)
- Jørgen Delman, Professor, Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies; Associate, Nordic Institute of Asian Studies, University of Copenhagen
- Alex Wang, Professor, University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law; Member, the US National Committee on US-China Relationsmember and former fellow (2008-10) of the National Committee on U.S.-China Relationsmember and former fellow (2008-10) of the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations member and former fellow (2008-10) of the National Committee on U.S.-China Relations
- Yuejiao Zhang, Professor, School of Law, Tsinghua University & Shantou University, Member of the Expert Committee of China International Commercial Court (CICC), Former Member of the Appellate Body, World Trade Organization (WTO)
Joanna Jemielniak, Professor mso; Wen Xiang, Asst. Professor; and Dr. Güneş Ünüvar, Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen
Time: 12 April 2019 10:00 – 12:00
Organizer: iCourts, the Danish National Research Foundation's Centre of Excellence for International Courts, The Faculty of Law, with the support of Renmin University of China, Carlsberg Foundation, Dreyers Fond and ThinkChina.dk
Participation in the special seminar is free of charge and open for all.
Register and participate in the competition for three free tickets to the Copenhagen Zoo
Please use this registration form no later than 10 April 2019, 12:00.