China in International Economic Law: New Horizons
The event is a highly focused seminar with top international experts, commenting on most recent developments regarding China in international economic law. It shall be of particular interest for professional, legal and business audiences.
Discussed topics will include:
- The Belt and Road initiative
- Involvement of China in new trade and investment agreements
- New developments in arbitration
- The policies indicated at the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China in October 2017
The seminar will take the form of a moderated roundtable discussion, with distinguished speakers addressing a series of key questions.
The event will gather globally renowned academics and practitioners and shall be of particular interest for professional, legal and business audiences.
List of speakers:
- Julien Chaisse, Professor, Faculty of Law, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Helena Chen, Head of Beijing Office and Partner, Pinsent Masons LLP
- Vivienne Bath, Professor, Director of the Centre for Asian and Pacific Law, University of Sydney
- Libin Zhang, Deputy Director of Peking University Energy Law and Policy Research Institute, and Partner of Broad & Bright.
- (Munir) AFM Maniruzzaman, Professor, Faculty of Business and Law, University of Portsmouth
Moderators: Joanna Jemielniak, Associate Professor and Wen Xiang, Assistant Professor, University of Copenhagen
Time: 19 January 2018, 11:00-13:00
Registration: For participation in this lecture please use this registration form no later than 17 January 2018, 12:00.