EUPoLex Jean Monnet EU Career Fair
"Building EU’s Future"
From 1st to 10th December 2020
The Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law & Politics would like to invite you to the EU Career Fair organized by the Faculty of Law - iCourts, the Centre for European Politics and the course group for “Retsstat, Demokrati og Europæisk Integration” at the University of Copenhagen in collaboration with student associations and EU institutions. Students at Danish Universities will get to know more about EU-related career paths from key staff of EU institutions and bodies. The fair will also be a perfect opportunity for networking and getting first-hand advice from professionals who successfully pursue an EU career path and have a tangible impact on EU law and policy-making and on the future of the EU. The Fair will help students of different disciplines - such as law, political science, linguistics, history, economics, and so on - to identify the necessary skills and increase their chances for meeting the needs of various institutions and stakeholders within the EU and in Denmark involved in EU affairs. The participants will also have a chance to exchange their views and learn more about specific opportunities in thematic panels.
The Fair will take place remotely via Zoom, except for Thursday 3rd Dec. where the event will be also accessible in person for students at Nanna Berg Auditorium (1st floor, room 9A-1-01) in the Faculty of Law of the University of Copenhagen, Njalsgade 76, DK-2300. Each talk will be accessible through a unique zoom link.
No registration is needed.
Career paths in the European Union (Tuesday 1st Dec. 17:15-18:45 CES)
- Ana Yturriaga Saldanha (Head of the European School of Administration – European Commission).
- Tobias B. Pærremand (EU Career ambassadors Denmark)
Meeting ID: 646 2515 5497
Working for EU institutions (Thursday 3rd Dec. 17:15-18:45 CES) Meeting room at the UCPH Faculty of law: Nanna Berg Auditorium, 1st floor, room 9A-1-01, Njalsgade 76.
- Camilla Hornstrup Bengtsson (Danish Unit – Court of Justice of the European Union
- Morten Kjærum (Former Director of the European Agency of Fundamental Rights and current Director of the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law).
- Katrine Mulvad Thomsen (Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria)
- Jens Johansen (DG Translation - European Commission)
Attendance form: https://forms.gle/96XySH9qsvMMnVSW6
Meeting ID: 647 7123 2156
Specialized master education in EU affairs: The College of Europe (Tuesday 8th Dec. 17:15-18:45)
- Mattia Filippin (Head of the Communications, Marketing and Recruitment Office - College of Europe).
- Sven Herting (European Movement Denmark)
Meeting ID: 668 6056 7387
PhD at the European University Institute (Thursday 10th Dec. 17:15-18:45):
- Urska Sadl (Full-time Professor - EUI)
- Michal Krajewski (Postdoc at the University of Copenhagen & former EUI PhD fellow)
Meeting ID: 655 3156 1995
The event is part of the activities of the Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law & Politics and, hence, is co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
The events are also co-organized in collaboration with: