About the centre
CILCC was set up in 2012 by the Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen, to strengthen research into international law. It coordinates faculty activities relating to international law, including training of doctoral students and the development of educational tools.
CILCC serves as an interface between the Danish public and the international legal community, both nationally and abroad. The scholars connected to the centre participate in research ventures and networks both nationally and internationally. Several members of the centre serve as experts on missions for the Danish government and government-sponsored think tanks, such as the Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS).
CILCC is committed to building strong partnerships with legal research institutions across the world, including in the so-called emerging powers.
- Professor Paul Kahn, Yale Law School, University of Yale
- Professor Christoph Schönberger, Universität Konstanz
- Professor Ole Spiermann, partner, Bruun & Hjejle lawfirm, Copenhagen
- Professor Guglielmo Verdirame, Department of War Studies, King’s College, London
- Professor Adrian Vermeule, Harvard Law School, Harvard University
- Thomas Winkler, chief legal adviser, the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs