04 March 2016
PhD Fellows at the Faculty of Law nominated for Initiative of the Year
The University of Copenhagen Postgraduate Law Conference 2015, organised by seven PhD Fellows at the Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen, have been shortlisted/nominated for the Årets Initiativpris (‘Initiative of the Year’ Award) at the Københavns Kongres & Event Award 2016 (‘Copenhagen Congress and Event Awards 2016’).
Together in 2015, Ahmed El-Sayed, Amalie Frese, Céline Brassart Olsen, Diana Nacea, Graham Butler, Katarina Hyltén-Cavallius, and Katharina Ó Cathaoir, the Organising Committee representing a number of research centres of the Faculty (CECS, WELMA, and iCourts), gathered upwards of seventy PhD students from around the world to speak at the two day event in Copenhagen.
The Postgraduate Law Conference, a new concept in doctoral research dissemination in Denmark, was the first large-scale event of its kind in a Nordic country. With insightful discussion over eighteen panels, the conference demonstrated a new angle in the processes of internationalisation of legal education, including Danish, Nordic and international research, with one of the main strategic aims being the opportunity to promote cooperation between more EU Member States in the field of law. This platform further provided researchers to complete on a more global basis.
The three shortlisted/nominated events in the Årets Initiativpris category at the Awards Ceremony are:
- Native Advertising Days
- 12th Annual JA-Alumni Conference – Entrepreneurship for better or for worse
- University of Copenhagen Postgraduate Law Conference 2015
The shortlisting/nominating jury consisted of:
- Bettina Reventlow-Mourier (Vice Congress chief, Wonderful Copenhagen)
- Peter Hinstrup (Former Congress host, IGRC)
- Sven Frøkjær (Vice-Dean and Professor, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen)
- Martin N. Jensen (Head of Global Congress Management, Lundbeck)
- Jesper Buch Jakobsen (Senior Consultant, Copenhagen City Council)
- Gert Bechlund (Senior Consultant, Copenhagen Business School)
- Tina Eriksen Green (Strategy Manager, Copenhagen City Council)
The University of Copenhagen Postgraduate Law Conference 2015 was shortlisted/nominated by the jury on the basis of:
- Demonstrating originality behind a new international event;
- Making special use of the city of Copenhagen during the event;
- Showing initiative, leading to an innovative event;
- Putting Denmark on the world map in a particular discipline.
The Awards Ceremony takes place in Copenhagen City Hall on Tuesday 15 March 2016.