English > Joint degree
PHD programme in co-operation with the University of Iceland
The Faculty of Law has established a co-operation with the Faculty of Law at the University of Iceland about a PhD programme. The university is ranked among the 300 best universities in the world according to The Times Higher Education and is a progressive educational and scientific institution. The co-operation means that you can complete the three-year PhD programme in close co-operation between the universities and following a positive evaluation you will be awarded a joint PhD degree from two universities.
The benefits of the co-operation:
- Joint PhD degree which is acknowledged in both Denmark and Iceland.
- Attachment to 2 different research and study environments
- Increased international contact
- Excellent knowledge of the two legal cultures.
- You are enrolled at both the Faculty of Law at the University of Iceland and University of Copenhagen
- The programme is conducted in English and the PhD thesis is submitted in English
- You will generally work for 2 years at the University of Copenhagen and for 1 year at the University of Iceland, but other arrangements are possible.
- You are paid by the institution of employment. Salary at the Faculty of Law at the University of Copenhagen please go to: workingconditions.ku.dk. Salary at the Faculty of Law, University of Iceland, contact: Prof. Robert R. Spano, Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org, +354-525-4329.
Additional information: Agreement on cooperation (pdf)
Once a year the Faculties of Law at the University of Island and the University of Copenhagen offer a jointly organised number of PhD scholarships within selected research areas. The advertisements are published on the front page of the PhD school.
To apply for admission to the PhD programme please submit the project description of your research project, documents and a filled-in application to the faculty. The general rules for admission to the PhD programme apply. Please see application form and requirements by going to the page "For applicants"
Vacant PhD scholarships
Do you want to be notified in case of vacant PhD scholarships at the Faculty of Law? Please join our news service: News service about vacant PhD scholarships
PhD administration by Lykke Sennels-Andersen Email: email@example.com or tel. +45 35 32 38 59