Associate Professor, Ph.D.
JUR Centre for European Studies in Economic Law
Studiestræde 6, 1455 København K, Sankt Peders Stræde 5, 1. sal, Room 03-1-03
Christian Bergqvist is a lecture in the courses "konkurrence- og markedsføringsret" (Danish), "Markedsret", (Danish), "Videregående Konkurrenceret" (Danish) and EC Competition Law (English) and is a guidence counselor for the writing of Master thesis in all associated areas.
Fields of interest
- Competition Law, hereunder Danish and EU competition law
- Telecommunication law
- EU law
Primary fields of research
Christian Bergqvist specialises in Danish and EU competition law with a particular interest in the behaviour and regulation of dominant undertakings.
This covers classical issues, including
- The dominant undertakings' ability to price (unrestricted) and award discounts
- The dominant undertakings' freedom choosing which competitors and customers to supply to and the stipulate the terms
- Structural cooperation's agreements between dominant undertakings including mergers and joint ventures
In addition to classic competition law Christian Bergqvist covers:
- The interaction between sector regulation and competition law
- The implied considerations and the securing of these in competition law
- The use of economic theory
Further, Christian Bergqvist covers parts of telecommunication law, primarily areas, which interact highly with competition law e.g. becouse they pursue a mutual objective.