Research Services support all Faculty employees and administer the Faculty’s finances, HR, PhD school, rooms and IT equipment. Research Services also support the Faculty’s strategic planning and goals by preparing management information and assisting Faculty management in matters concerning finance and personnel.
Tasks, organisation and management
Research Services is managed by Head of Research Services Lykke Sennels-Andersen.
Research Services is composed of three teams with the following tasks:
The HR team
- Recruiting and welcoming new employees
- Administration of part-time teachers
- PhD administration
- Pay negotiations, salary entry-point levels and salary control
- Personnel administration: Leave, resignations, parental leave, sick-leave follow-ups etc.
- Processing personnel cases: sounding-board in cases of legal sanctions, dismissals, difficult interviews etc.
- Skills development and support of Performance Development Reviews and Group Performance Development Reviews
- Service to councils and committees: Collaboration Committee, Academic Council and PhD Committee
- Administration of rooms, furniture and fittings
The finance team
- Financial management of the Faculty’s internal and external funding
- Financial forecasts, budgeting and budget control
- Financial advice to grant recipients
- External financing including advice and assistance with applications, project accounts and monitoring
- Control of accounts receivable and payable, including billing, processing of invoices, and travelling claims and expenses
- Internal financial control
- Preparation of financial management information and analyses
The administrative officers
- Organisation of centre related events
- Reception of new academic employees
- Coordination of student assistants and office assistants
- Help with travel and general meeting activities
- Limited budget follow-up.
Research Services also provide support in connection with the following IT and building tasks:
- Ordering and administration of IT equipment
- Local user support
- Coordination with the University’s central IT unit on matters of operations and support of the Faculty’s IT infrastructure
- Office allocation
- Ordering of office equipment
- Office furnishing